Stug soldbuch estate with knights cross proposal
Small Stug soldbuch estate with RK proposal. Consists of:
1. Leutnant Werner Preissing his Zweitschrift Soldbuch
2. Knight cross proposal for shooting down 40 of 60 Sovjet tanks, in the area of Baumgarten East Prussia within a short period of time.
3. capture documents
4. Drivers license from the Stu.Gesch.Abt.1562
5. Some personal documents and paperwork.
6. 2 pictures of his Stug with crew, two portraits and one more photo taken of duty.
Preissing first served with with Pzj At. 228 and was later with the Pzj.Abt.1562 as part of the 562 VGD. Preising was awarded the Kvk1, Ek2, Ek1, ost medal, both the bronze and silver PAB and both wound badges in black and silver. Most of the awards were earned while serving the 562. Preising most likely served not only as a stug commander but also as a Panzergrenadier prior to his service with the pzj.abt.1562.
Preissing was proposed to receive the knights cross, by the commander of his unit, for his heroic action near Baumgarten on the 5th of March, quickly destroying 40 of 60 assaulting Soviet tanks with the 5 Stugs under his command. However the proposal was never approved.
The portrait with black panzer uniform shows some of his freshly awarded badges and well worn Panzerjäger shoulder boards in wear.
Interesting late war Stug, a rarity for the Pzj/Pz collection.
Out of stock